Press release from the Humboldt County Drug Task Force:
On August 19th, 2023, Humboldt County Drug Task Force (HCDTF) Agents with assistance from the Fortuna Police Department (FoPD) served a search warrant on David Scott FOURNIER (58 years old from Fortuna). HCDTF Agents observed FOURNIER travel from Humboldt County to Sacramento, California. Upon FOURNIER’S return to Humboldt County, Agents conducted a traffic stop on his vehicle. FoPD Officer Moore and his K9 partner Blitz conducted an open-air sniff on the vehicle. K9 Blitz alerted to the vehicle indicating drugs were present.
Inside the vehicle Agents located FOURNIER, 1.5 pounds of methamphetamine, 55 grams of Fentanyl, and one functioning digital scale.
David Scott FOURNIER was transported to the Humboldt County Correctional Facility where he was booked on the following charges:
- HS11351- Possession of Fentanyl for Purposes of Sales
- HS11352(A)- Transportation of Fentanyl for Purposes of Sales
- HS1152(B)- Transportation of Fentanyl Through Noncontiguous Counties
- HS11378- Possession of Methamphetamine for Purposes of Sales
- HS11379(A)- Transportation of Methamphetamine for Purposes of Sales
- HS11379(B)- Transportation of Methamphetamine Through Noncontiguous Counties
Anyone with information related to this investigation or other narcotics related crimes is encouraged to call the Humboldt County Drug Task Force at 707-267-9976.