City of New Ulm – The city council unanimously passed a resolution to receive federal grants for the airport parking renovation project at New Ulm Municipal Airport.
The grant will cover 90% of the estimated $100,000 project cost, which several city council members said would be a big plus for the overall project. The remaining 10% of him will be split evenly between the future state government and the city.
City engineer Joseph Stadheim explained the purpose of the restoration project to the city council.
“This project consists of rebuilding the airport parking lot and entrance roads and improving facilities under the ADA.” He said.
The project is the subject of the city’s Airport Improvement Plan and Capital Improvement Plan, both of which require these changes to meet the airport’s overall goals.
In other news, Mayor Kathleen Bakker, City Council Speaker Andrea Bettger and City Manager Chris Dalton will attend the National Cities League Cities Summit November 16-18, 2023 in Atlanta, Georgia. .
The City Council unanimously approved the measure, allowing these members to take time off to attend the City Summit.
City Councilman Les Schultz endorsed the event because he had attended similar events in the past and understood the impact it would have.
“I’m really glad you went.” He said. “I’ve done a lot when I attend these conferences, and they will bring a lot back for the staff and me.”
The NLC’s City Summit is held annually and brings together government officials from all states in the country. It aims to educate officials about new trends and program ideas that have emerged as potential ways to improve the city for its citizens.
It also allows city officials to network and socialize, exchanging ideas and evidence about what worked and what didn’t during their tenure.